Posted on November 13, 2018
Notice is given here of the tenth Annual General Meeting of Gyllyngvase Surf Life Saving Club to be held at The Townhouse, Falmouth on Sunday 9th December 2018 at 17.00, to consider and if thought suitable pass resolutions as to the ordinary business of the Club relating to the committee, and accounts and statement and of any special resolutions.
1. Opening of Meeting
2. Apologies for absence
3. Minutes of previous AGM
4. To receive and approve Annual Reports
5. To receive the Treasurer’s Financial Statement for the year ended 30 September 2017
6. To receive and consider nominations (to Secretary no less than 14 days before) for and the election of:
v. Welfare Officer
vi. Committee Member
vii. Committee Member
viii. Committee Member
ix. Committee Member
x. Committee Member
xi. Committee Member
7. AOB (prior notice required)
8. Closure of Meeting
By order of Committee Members.
Any member of the Club entitled to attend, speak and vote at the above mentioned meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and, on a poll, vote instead of that member. A proxy may demand, or join in demanding, a poll. A proxy must be a member of the Club.
At least 14 days notice is required for any nominations or AOB. If you have AOB, please email email@example.com
Well done to everyone who entered and helped out at our 10th Endless Summer Swim fundraiser. The results can be downloaded below:
Thanks to our sponsors, who we couldn’t host the event without…
– Saints Screen Print Co Ltd
– Absolute Orthodontics Ltd
– The Falmouth Townhouse
– Evolution Ltd
– My Little Beach Boutique
– Hotel Perfect
– Sessions Surf Shop
– Freeriders Surf Shop
– RNLI Lifeguards
And a great job by youth member, Ella Carter, for designing the t-shirts!
Thank you to everyone who has come forward to volunteer for the Falmouth Triathlon this Sunday.
The volunteer event pack and volunteer roster can be downloaded below. Have a look for your name and you’ll see the role you’re needed for and the time to meet. There are some people on the helper list who aren’t part of the club, but have signed up to help though the event website. Any issues/questions speak to Matt Stone or Michael, the event organiser (his email is in the event pack).
The Endless Summer Swim is coming to Gyllyngvase Beach, Falmouth on Sunday 30th September 2018. Now in its 10th year, there are various distances available for children (8+) and adults, in what is one of Cornwall’s highest-rated swim events.
All pre-entries are guaranteed an event t-shirt and for £15 it remains great value for money. For more info and to purchase tickets visit – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gyllyngvase-slsc-endless-summer-swim-2018-tickets-49419488019
To celebrate the club turning 10 years old this summer, we are putting together a competition asking our members to design a new logo for the club.
Our chairman (who is an award winning designer himself) will then turn this into a professional identity that the club can use going forward and include in future clothing designs.
Points to consider:
- The club was established in 2008, and is celebrating its 10th anniversary this summer.
- Our mission is: Training the lifeguards of the future + serving the community.
- The club’s main colour is sapphire. Green, yellow, navy and white are also part of our colour palette.
- The logo will need to be used online (website/social media platforms as well as in documents and clothing).
- It must include the name ‘Gyllyngvase Surf Life Saving Club’.
- You can adapt the current logo, or come up with something completely different.
Our club hat shows the colours that the club is currently using as inspiration:
This is our current logo design:
There will be a shortlist of 3 submissions per age-group and then an overall winning design chosen by the committee from all of the shortlisted designs.
- 6-10 Years
- 11-14 years
- 15 years +
- The runner’s up will receive a Gylly t-shirt in their size.
- The winning entry will receive a Gylly hoody in their size and have their design developed into the new Gyllyngvase SLSC 10 years logo!
How to enter
- The competition is for club members only.
- The deadline for entries is Sunday 1st July 2018.
- You can supply your design in any format (on paper/through email etc).
- Please send all submissions to our chairman, Matthew Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hand them to him in person on Sunday mornings.
Download the competition poster here – Gylly 10 Years Logo Poster
Gylly’s chairman, TA, masters coach and co-founder, Matthew Stone, spoke to BBC Cornwall yesterday morning about his experience of sharing skills with lifeguards in The Gambia as part of the RNLI’s international lifesaving work. Listen back here from 2:55:00 http://rnli.info/nOwWhH
SLSGB Proficiency Assessment (Annual Requal)
Hosted by Gyllyngvase SLSC
This is for anyone who has qualified with a SLSGB Surf Lifeguard award from 2016 or before. If you have previously taken a requal you will need to renew this annually as well. If you don’t renew your award you will have to take the full 40-hour course again.
Assessor: Matthew Stone
DATE AND TIME
There are 2 opportunities this Spring to take part in the re-qualification.
Training evening: Friday 6th April, 5pm-7pm @ Gyllyngvase SLSC (optional if you can provide evidence that you have been actively patrolling as a Lifeguard in the past year)
Pool Assessments: Wednesday 4th April 9pm-10pm @ Truro School Pool
Assessment Day: Saturday 7th April 2018, 10am-2pm @ Gyllyngvase SLSC (note: the end time may vary depending on numbers)
Training evening: Friday 20th April, 5pm-7pm @ Gyllyngvase SLSC (optional if you can provide evidence that you have been actively patrolling as a Lifeguard in the past year)
Pool Assessments: Wednesday 18th April 9pm-10pm @ Truro School Pool
Assessment Day: Saturday 21st April 2018, 10am-2pm @ Gyllyngvase SLSC (note: the end time may vary depending on numbers)
Gyllyngvase SLSC Members: £12
Non-Members: £30 (Pool Hire, kit maintenance and assessment fee)
You must ensure that you are members of SLSGB before asking to attend the proficiency assessment – http://www.slsgb.org.uk/members/
HOW TO TAKE PART
Contact: Matthew Stone (email@example.com / 07802732229)