Posted on May 3, 2018
To celebrate the club turning 10 years old this summer, we are putting together a competition asking our members to design a new logo for the club.
Our chairman (who is an award winning designer himself) will then turn this into a professional identity that the club can use going forward and include in future clothing designs.
Points to consider:
- The club was established in 2008, and is celebrating its 10th anniversary this summer.
- Our mission is: Training the lifeguards of the future + serving the community.
- The club’s main colour is sapphire. Green, yellow, navy and white are also part of our colour palette.
- The logo will need to be used online (website/social media platforms as well as in documents and clothing).
- It must include the name ‘Gyllyngvase Surf Life Saving Club’.
- You can adapt the current logo, or come up with something completely different.
Our club hat shows the colours that the club is currently using as inspiration:
This is our current logo design:
There will be a shortlist of 3 submissions per age-group and then an overall winning design chosen by the committee from all of the shortlisted designs.
- 6-10 Years
- 11-14 years
- 15 years +
- The runner’s up will receive a Gylly t-shirt in their size.
- The winning entry will receive a Gylly hoody in their size and have their design developed into the new Gyllyngvase SLSC 10 years logo!
How to enter
- The competition is for club members only.
- The deadline for entries is Sunday 1st July 2018.
- You can supply your design in any format (on paper/through email etc).
- Please send all submissions to our chairman, Matthew Stone (email@example.com) or hand them to him in person on Sunday mornings.
Download the competition poster here – Gylly 10 Years Logo Poster